Nikole

The Nearly Reader

My life in (mostly) books

Every Day

Every Day - David Levithan

From Good Reads: Every day a different body. Every day a different life. Every day in love with the same girl.
There’s never any warning about where it will be or who it will be. A has made peace with that, even established guidelines by which to live: Never get too attached. Avoid being noticed. Do not interfere.

It’s all fine until the morning that A wakes up in the body of Justin and meets Justin’s girlfriend, Rhiannon. From that moment, the rules by which A has been living no longer apply. Because finally A has found someone he wants to be with—day in, day out, day after day.

To be honest, I could probably just leave this picture and be done with this review, because this sums up my feeling exactly.

But I won't.

I loved Every Day. From the first page to the last, I was absolutely captivated by this story. It was completely ridiculous...I mean, being a new person, in a new body every day? Yeah, totally ridiculous. But it worked. I have no idea how the fuck it happened...but somehow this novel was perfect.

Up until this novel, the only thing I had read by David Levithan had been Will Grayson, Will Grayson which he cowrote with John Green. I had actually really liked his part...but not enough to rush out to read more of his work. In fact, I have no idea how long Every Day languished on my Kindle before finally deciding to give it a chance. I fully expected to find it totally ridiculous.

I'm excited to see that there are two novella's that accompany Every Day. I'm tempted to rush out and buy them right now and read them both in one sitting...but I'm worried that they will take away from how much I loved Every Day. I'm scared they won't live up to it, or that the magic will be gone and I'll be left disappointed.

Along with that, I'm debating internally with myself whether I'd like to see a movie made based on this. I think that it would be an awesome idea, but then again...how many truly amazing books were absolutely murdered by Hollywood?

I am awarding this book five out of five stars, something I rarely do but I truly feel it deserves such high praise. Without a doubt it was my favorite book I read this year, and only the second book I awarded five stars to.